Sunday, October 16, 2005

Tech TV Alternatives

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I CRINGED when G4 totally obliterated TechTv as we once knew it. I was feeling tech withdrawals for the longest times. We had TechTV for my freshman and sophomore year of high school, but once we moved we didn’t subscribe for a while. It was during this phase of my life that the evil overlords of G4 were planning to take over TTV. Well somewhere between the end of my junior and the beginning of my senior year the merger started to take place. That was about the same time we were getting our new house. We had also decided to sign up with dish a few months after we had bought the house. Well I had to coax my parents into getting the next level up on the programming list from Dish Network so that I could watch my beloved TechTV. However when we got everything running I sound found out much to my dismay that G4 had merged with TTV. Everything was in disorder the website was horrible the shows were changing and eventually G4 just booted everything or changed everything from the good ‘ol days. Ever since then the techies have been a little angry about G4 for doing this. But there are some alternatives. As far as TV programming there are a few shows back on G4 due to complaints of many fans but nothing like what it used to be. I just know this because of some emails that get sent to me. We discontinued our Dish Network programming and got DSL. WOOT!!! Yea….

Well anyway let's get down to business. Because there are not exactly a vast multitude of Tech shows out there here are a few good alternatives.
Shows include those such as; This Week In Tech (the old screensaver cast +a few extras), Digital Life- by Patrick Norton(Ex TSS host), Diggnation-by Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht, and many many others.

Here is the link:
Tech Shows

Enjoy!

C-layer OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home